Thursday, February 20, 2014

Some goods, some bads

Good: Yesterday morning - finally did 3 full cleans with 105 lbs!  Previous was 95, so another 10 lbs!

Bad:  Had packed so many bags that morning, totally forgot my breakfast at home on the counter (hard boiled egg and all natural sausage).   Stopped by McDonalds for sausage mcmuffin (which was frigging delicious by the way!)

Good: Went running at lunch with a friend from crossfi! And I didn't die!  I did have to ask to walk once (during a 25 minute run) to catch my breath :)  We chatted, ran kind of slowly, and only did about 3ish k, but I got out and ran, with a new friend (I'm sure I've mentioned it a million times, I don't really make friends easily).

Bad: Ate chocolate after dinner (frigging V-day smarties that I stole from the kids!)

Good: Slept 10 hours

Good: Fit into my size 12 pants that I haven't worn in a few years.

Good: Was running late this morning, thought "I'll just go grab something for lunch when I'm at work", but ended up grabbing a frozen spaghetti squash with a paleo meatsauce and am eating that insteads :)

Bad: thawed spaghetti squash has a texture I don't like

Soooooooooo - is this what they call balance?  Make more healthy choices then unhealthy choices?  Or, should I not even be categorizing them as good and bad?

I will say, in the past, I would have dwelled on the mcmuffin and thought - I screwed today, might as well stuff every type of treat/snack/food into my mouth that I can and I will "start" tomorrow.  But, I ate the salad I had brought for lunch.  I ate my forgotten breakfast (Jeff had put it in the fridge for me) for dinner, and snacked on smarties for dessert.

Got up this morning and my first thought WASN'T how did I do yesterday (in terms of eating) and that's ALWAYS my first thought (isn't that pathetic).

Anyways, I'll take it as a win.  And today I heard our workout was an awesome one so I'm squeezing it in tonight before Jeff goes plays basketball. 




2 people had this to say:

Chantal said...

That sounds great to me. way to go on all of it! I started training for the half I am walking in June. This week I have already walked 9K and I will walk 7 more on the weekend. I am hoping that and my weight lifting will trigger some positives for me too.

Christy said...

Chantal - doing that will definitely trigger some positives. I can't help but think some of this comes from the medication I am on, but I have no shame in that, and if that's what it takes to keep me going - I'm OK with that :) But yes, it's a cycle that will only end up with feeling better about yourself and that is what starts all the positives :)