Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Oh my mind is a terrible place to be!

As I was showering after crossfit this morning, I was thinking about a blog post.  I was going to write about...

a) how I completed a swim-cycle race on the weekend without any training (I mean I did a 50m ride at 6am the morning of my race and swam 500m once just to know how long it would take me).  And I did the race really, without any struggle. I didn't do spectacular, but I never thought about giving up, I never was too tired to complete it... I just did it.

b) I am starting to journal my food intake, my workouts, my headache, pain level in my back and I can start to connect the dots between what I eat, how I exercise and how I feel overall... very interesting.

c) I've missed a few workouts recently, working on fixing my back issues and I haven't felt guilty.  It hasn't made me turn to food, it hasn't gotten my anxiety levels up... I just kept on going on.  Felt great

d) Had a fantastic long weekend filled with the race (made me realize how much I missed racing... the whole event atmosphere - people telling you that you are doing awesome during your race, high fiving you when you are done, chatting nervously before getting in the pool), friends (drinks on the porch, playing baseball with the adults and kids), family BBQ with fireworks and tired boys up way too late, sprinklers, water fights, bouncy castle, pogos at the picnic table.... seriously, was one of the best weekends I've had in a long time

e) looking at myself in the mirror and not being disgusted by what I see.  Getting dressed this morning I actually felt pretty and thought I looked good.

And then... then I looked at the pictures from said race on Saturday.  And I cried.

Two steps forward... one step back.





6 people had this to say:

Anne said...

That makes me sad to read because wow, you're an amazing person, mom and athlete! Not everyone could do what you did! Be proud!

Christina said...

You are fantastic!!! And strong and way too critical of yourself.

Kataroo said...

I was reading along mentally high fiving you and then cried with you, SAD because you felt this way. I wish so badly I had a magic wand and you could see yourself the way I see you. Strong, fit, muscular, killer legs, most beautiful eyes, beautiful. Race photos suck, I have so many that I hate...have to go through and find that one that makes me feel good. They catch you in movement and not at your best angle. I challenge you to grab your phone and take some Selfie's that show you how beautiful you are. I am not vain (I don't think so lol) but I take pics of myself all the time...so that I can quiet the voice in my head that tells me I am not beautiful...I take pics and then say no hey there's a fit girl. I'm really proud of the work your doing to take care of yourself. Hugs my friend :)

Kataroo said...

PS> I could not do the swim portion of that....you are AWESOME!

Teresa said...

I'm sorry to hear your so down. Please cheer up. I think the previous comments say it all. You are wonderful, believe it!

Chantal said...

oh Christy, you are so beautiful! Really you are. Don't let these photos get you down. Hugs